Master of Appalachian Studies, Culture concentration, Appalachian State University, in progress
Master of Library and Information Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, 2005
- Digital Collection Internship: Digital Library and Archives, Newman Library, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia, Summer & Fall 2004
Dr. Charles Goodsell Collection
Bachelor of Arts in French, Virginia Tech, 1999
- E-Resources Librarian: Ensure a seamless and transparent digital research environment for students and faculty through managing the electronic resources for the library, including trouble-shooting and developing preventative maintenance workflows.
- Instructor: Information Literacy
- Pollitt, Dr. Phoebe, and Ms. Andrea Leonard. "A Kaleidoscope of Culture: Health Care Insitutions as a Prism for Viewing Multiculturalism in Asheville, 1880s-1920s," Thirty-Sixth Annual Appalachian Studies Association Conference, Boone, N.C. (March23, 2013).
- Leonard, Andrea, Kelly McBride, and Elizabeth Cramer. “Because Our Director Told Us So: Appalachian’s Delayed Discovery Service Experience,” Southeastern Innovative Users Group Annual Meeting, Rock Hill, S.C. (February 9, 2013).
- Leonard, Andrea A. "Pop-up Your Data! Kinesthetic Learner in an E-Resources World?," Poster Session at LITA Forum 2012, Columbus, OH. (October 6, 2012).
- Participating in digital collections and archival projects
- Peer-reviewing and editing scholarly writings
- Building bibliographies
- Library and Information Sciences:
- Project Management in general, and specifically:
- E-Resources workflows and digital management
- E-Resources and I.T. culture
- Digital Humanities
- Appalachian Studies:
- Appalachian Studies Programs and Appalachian Special Collections, building stronger partnerships
- Impact of technology and resulting globalization on Appalachia's identity: past, present, and future
- French culture presence and influence on Appalachia
Conferences, lectures, webinars, and workshops attended 2013 - 2014:
- Lecture: "Becoming Melungeon: Making an Ethnic Identity in the Appalachian South,” Melissa Schrift (ETSU), Appalachian State (November 2013)
- Seminar: "Navigating Special Collections," Appalachian State University (September 2013)