- Scholarly Communication. Evaluate and select information sources in all formats for these programs:
Chemistry, Communication Sciences & Disorders, HES (Athletic Training, Exercise Science, and Health Promotion/Public Health), Nursing, Nutrition & Health Care Management, and Physics & Astronomy. Also WFU--Boone Physician Assistant program, Environmental Science, Fermentation Science, Gerontology, and (in part) RMPE.
- Monitor usage and functioning of electronic resources, especially for these programs.
- Liaison. Consult with faculty and others concerning curricular and research needs, especially for these programs.
- Teaching. Information literacy instruction for students in classes and individually, especially for these programs.
- Participate in the Library's instruction and information literacy program.
- Manage change in streaming video and anatomy visualization collections
- Information behavior of students and faculty
- Collection management for health and physical sciences
- LIS and health science methodologies and data
- Evidence-based practice in libraries and health services
- Global health and injury epidemiology
- Masters in Library and Information Studies, 2007, UNC Greensboro.
- Masters in Public Health 1997, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey/Rutgers University, concentration in Epidemiology and Quantitative Methods (= using health data, health research methods and design, statistics, understand health and healthcare)
- ALA/ACRL, NCLA, Mid Atlantic Chapter of the Medical Library Association, MLA, ANCHASL, and NC Public Health Association
- Charlotte Initiative User Experience team
- University: Undergraduate Academic Procedures & Policies
- Library: Sciences liaison group, Social Sciences Liaison group, Web Content Committee, Diversity Committee
- Library task forces: Full Text Finder Working Group, Service Implementation Team, Service Plan Working Group, Scholarly Communication Working Group
Wiswell, John. 2016. "Delays in Availability of Faculty Journal Articles?: Local Effects of Open Access Policies." Poster presented at the 2016 Annual Meeting of the Medical Library Association, May 13-18, Toronto.
Wiswell, John. 2015. "Delays in Open Access Availability of Faculty Journal Articles." Poster presented at the 2015 Annual Meeting of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter/MAC of the Medical Library Association/MLA, October 18-20, Asheville, NC.
Wiswell, John. 2016. “Creating a Sample of Journal Articles Published by Faculty at a Comprehensive University.” Lightning talk presented at the Empirical Librarians Conference, North Carolina A&T University, February 29, Greensboro.
Johnson, Megan, Andrea Leonard, and John Wiswell. 2015. “Deciding to Change OpenURL Link Resolvers.” Journal of Electronic Resources Librarianship 27 (1): 10–25. doi:10.1080/1941126X.2015.999519.