Beyond Millennium Task Force
Current Membership - John Boyd, Beth Cramer, Georgie Donovan, Cyndi Harbeson, Megan Johnson, Andrea Leonard, Scott Rice, Bill Shultz, Jennie Sizemore, and Catherine Wilkinson
Bivens Proposal Selection Committee
Current Membership - Cyndi Harbeson, Connie Pendley, Mary Reichel, Bill Schultz, Leroy Watson, and Ann Viles
Budget Reduction Task Force
- Current Membership - John Abbott, Georgie Donovan, Leslie Farison, Sandy Hoyle, Ken Johnson, Martha Kreszock, Paul Orkiszewski, Mary Reichel, Pat Sweet, Ann Viles
Core Competencies Task Force
- Charge - This Task Force is charged with drafting the Library's core competencies for SPA staff (Library bands and unofficially for other positions in the Library) to be added to the position description/employee work plan. The Task Force will decide on a plan of action which will include gathering input and ideas from staff and supervisors, developing drafts, and making revisions to drafts after further input from staff and supervisors. The goal is to have core competencies developed and adopted by May 2012.
- Current Membership - Greg Beavers, Daniel Bryan (Human Resource Services) , Bryan Estel, Susan Jennings, Shannon McCluney, Pam Mitchem, Sherrye Perry (co-chair), and Mary Reichel (co-chair).
Coordinators & Lead Librarians
- Current Membership - John Abbott, Gary Boye, Beth Cramer, Georgie Donovan, Margaret Gregor, Fred Hay, Susan Jennings, Ken Johnson, Martha Kreszock, Kelly McBride, Paul Orkiszewski, Mary Reichel (ex officio), Pat Sweet (ex officio), Ann Viles (ex officio)
- Charge - Act as a sounding board for the library faculty to discuss curriculum-related issues; Decide on priorities for the Library's instructional program based on University curricular initiatives and ACRL Standards for Information Literacy; Recommend an approach to discipline/department-based outreach, instruction, and collection management; Communicate curricular initiatives and Library strategic goals and activities related to instruction and collection management to the library faculty. Current Membership- John Abbott, Gary Boye (chair), Cyndi Harbeson, Martha Kreszock, Scott Rice, Bill Schultz, Xiarong Shao, Ann Viles (ex officio).
Departmental Personnel Committee
- Mission - Make recommendations on the appointment of new faculty members, the reappointment of untenured faculty members, and on tenure and promotion for faculty members.
- Membership - University Librarian (non-voting chair) and six elected faculty members: three tenured, one untenured, one tenured alternate, and one untenured alternate. A voting member serves for one year as the Equal Opportunity Associate.
- Term of Service - Members are elected for two years and the alternates for one year. Elections are held at the beginning of the fall semester.
- Current Membership - Mary Reichel (ex officio), John Boyd (EOA, 2010-2012), Gary Boye (2011-2013), Greta Browning (2010-12), Margaret Gregor (2011-2012), Paul Orkiszewski (2011-2012), Norma Riddle (2011-2013).
Departmental Personnel Committee Guidelines Revisions Task Force
- Mission - Reorganize the DPC Guidelines and Appendices as an addendum to the Faculty Handbook, streamlining the documents so that they will be easier to revise in the future.
- Current Membership - John Abbott, Scott Rice, Allan Scherlen, Amauri Serrano, and Suzanne Wise.
Digital Projects Steering Committee
- Mission - The mission of the Digital Projects Steering Committee is to help the Library effectively manage current and future digitization opportunities, to lead in the Library's development of new digital initiatives and best practices for digital projects, and to provide guidance to those in the Library that seek to develop new web services.
- Current Membership - Katherine Alford, Gary Boye, Beth Cramer, Cyndi Harbeson, Andrea Leonard, Leah McManus, Pam Mitchem (co-chair), Paul Orkiszewski, Scott Rice (co-chair), Bill Schultz, Dean Williams, Norma Riddle, Allan Scherlen, Jennie Sizemore, James Smith, Gleen Ellen Starr Stilling, Ann Viles
- Mission - The Display Committee creates and maintains current and interesting exhibits for the Library's general display cases. Display cases on the 4th floor are maintained by Special Collections.
- Current Membership - Katherine Alford, Amanda Bird, John Doherty, Kelly Grimm, Cyndi Harbeson, Sue Hisle (ad hoc creative ideas), Leah McManus, Dea Rice
- Mission - Provide leadership in the Library on issues related to multiculturalism and the provision of library services to people from diverse backgrounds by offering staff development opportunities to stimulate diversity awareness, promoting outreach to the university community; and advising the Library administration on issues and activities.
- Membership - Equal Opportunity Associate (ex officio), and interested faculty and staff members appointed by Library Cabinet
- Term of Service - The EOA officer serves for duration of his/her term in that office. Appointees serve two years with the possibility of reappointment. Terms are staggered.
- Current Membership - Katherine Alford (co-chair), Beth Cramer, Leslie Farison, Adam Jordan, Paul Orkiszewski, Lynn Patterson (ex officio), Geri Purpur (co-chair), Xiaorong Shao, Allan Scherlen, Suzanne Wise (EOA, ex officio)
Doorways International Program Series Committee
The Doorways series is co-sponsored by Belk Library and Information Commons and the Office of International Education and Development (and sometimes other departments on campus). Its goal is to provide a platform for people to share their research and knowledge on international issues and build relationships on campus based on interest in international affairs.
- Current Membership - Beth Cramer, Leslie Farison, Megan Johnson, Xiaorong Shao
Emergency Response Working Group
- Mission - Serve as the responders to any incident that requires salvage to library collections or facilities and to be responsible for the upkeep of a library disaster response plan. Create and maintain a multi-phase safety plan for the Library which will include a curriculum plan for employee training in human (Phase I Emergency) and collections (Phase II Recovery) safety. Recommend and implement policies and practices for preserving the Library's collections and equipment.
- Membership - Open to all Library faculty and staff, appointments made by Library Cabinet based on job responsibilities
- Current Membership - Pam Mitchem (co-chair), Tom Byland, John Doherty, Allan Duncan, Leslie Farison, Leah McManus, Russell Paige, Travis Souther, Pat Sweet (co-chair), Greta Tester, David Travis, Ann Viles.
Encore Synergy Implementation Project (ESiP) Group
- Charge - implement the successful launch of the Encore discovery tool
- Current Membership - Project Co-Chairs - Andrea Leonard and Kelly McBride
- Sub-teams: Acquisitions - John Abbott (chair), Georgie Donovan, Catherine Wilkinson
- Setup & Access - Andrea Leonard (chair), Allan Duncan, Catherine Wilkinson
Enduser Preferences - Pam Mitchem (chair), Greta Browning, Dea Rice, Jennie Goforth, Suzanne Wise, Gary Boye
- Library Training - Margaret Gregor (co-chair), Elizabeth Williams (co-chair), Kelly McBride, Sue Hisle, Lisa Abbott
Marketing - Geri Purpur (co-chair), Amanda Bird (co-chair)
Ongoing Maintenance/Evaluation - Andrea Leonard (chair), Allan Duncan, Catherine Wilkinson
Technical Development - Scott Rice (chair), Dea Rice
Grants & Research Committee
- Charge - Encourage, support and inform library faculty and staff about grant and research opportunies.
- Current Membership- Megan Johnson (chair), Fred Hay, Scott Rice, Norma Riddle, Amauri Serrano, Xiaorong Shao, John Wiswell
Information Literacy & Instruction (ILI) Working Group
- Mission--Work toward the development of a comprehensive educational program that contributes to Appalachian State University's educational goals and student learning outcomes.
- Membership - Open to all library faculty and staff.
- Current Membership - Amanda Bird, Megan Johnson, Kelly Rhodes McBride, Geri Purpur, Scott Rice, Glenn Ellen Stilling, and Elizabeth Williams
Internal Building Group
- Mission--The Internal Building Group advises on building issues and brings ideas for discussion.
- Membership - Pat Sweet (chair), Greg Beavers, Allan Duncan, Margaret Gregor, Sandy Hoyle, Ken Johnson, Geri Purpur, Pam Mitchem, and Mary Reichel.
(Faculty Handbook 188.8.131.52; Description includes 2007-2008 Approved Updates to Faculty Handbook)
- Members on the Committee : 14 members consisting of 9 faculty, including the University Librarian, 2 students, and 3 staff. The University Librarian shall convene the first meeting and will facilitate the selection of a chair, or co-chairs, from among the members of the committee.
- Reports to: The Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor.
- Areas of Responsibility: Policies and procedures for the University Library.
- Current Membership - Eli Bentor, Kay Clark, Travis Erickson, Shanan Fitts, Charles Gibson, Alison Gulley, Bill Gummerson, Kim Jones, David Koppenhaver, Jackson Lever, Mary Reichel (ex officio), Peter Rowe, Lisa Runner
Planning and Assessment Committee
- Current Membership - Leslie Farison, Ken Johnson, Ann Viles, Kelly McBride.
Post Tenure Review Committee
- Charge - Conduct post tenure reviews.
- Membership - Three tenured faculty elected by a vote of the tenured library faculty.
- Term of Service - Members are elected at the first faculty meeting of the fall semester for a staggered, non-renewable, three-year term.
- Current Membership - Martha Kreszock (2010-2013), Kelly McBride (2010-12), Suzanne Wise (2011-2014).
Public Relations Committee
- Charge - To reinforce the core role of our organization by helping to spread a consistent, creative, and positive message about the Library.
- Membership - Open to all Library faculty and staff, appointments made by Library Cabinet.
- Current Membership - Katherine Alford, Amanda Bird (co-chair), John Boyd, Greta Browning, John Doherty, Megan Johnson, Adam Jordan, Lynn Patterson, Geri Purpur (co-chair), Jennie Goforth, Elizabeth Williams, Jeremy Wright
Scholarly Communications Committee
- Current Membership - Leslie Farison, Megan Johnson, Leah McManus, Allan Scherlen
Student Assistant Training Committee
- Charge - Provide library student assistants with the tools to give exceptional public services to our patrons. Through a series of on-going training sessions, student employees acquire the necessary skills to assist those who pursue knowledge.
- Current Membership - Katherine Alford, Greg Beavers, Tom Byland, Sue Hisle (chair), Susan Jennings, Dianna Johnson, Jack Love, Leah McManus, Lynn Patterson, Connie Pendley, Scott Rice, Belinda Talbert, Greta Tester
Student Supervisors Working Group
- Mission - Working group to focus on the hiring, supervision, training, and retention of student assistants.
- Current Membership - Greg Beavers, Joe Byrd,Tom Byland, Wil Cummings, Lori Williams, Bryan Estel, Sue Hisle, Dianna Johnson, Chris Liucci, Jack Love, Leah McManus, Pam Mitchem, Lynn Patterson (chair), Russell Paige, Connie Pendley, Jason Stamper, Belinda Talbert, Doug Tester, Greta Tester, Ann Viles (ex officio), Dean Williams
Training & Development Committee
- Charge - Advise Library Cabinet on library personnel development needs and programs. Plan and organize programs that serve professional development, training or general interest purposes.
- Membership - Open to all Library faculty and staff, appointments made by Library Cabinet with emphasis on diverse representation for all service areas.
- Term of Service - Two years, with possibility of reappointment. Terms are staggered.
- Current Membership - Katherine Alford, Wil Cummings, Cyndi Harbeson, Sue Hisle, Sherrye Perry, Geri Purpur, Scott Rice (chair), Jennie Sizemore, Pat Sweet, and Ann Viles
- Mission - The Web Committee will monitor, evaluate and update the Library's website.
- Membership - Open to all who wish to participate.
- Current Membership - Lisa Abbott, Tom Bennett, John Boyd, Gary Boye, Mark Brittain, Margaret Gregor, Cyndi Harbeson, Megan Johnson, Andrea Leonard, Chis Liucci, Scott Rice, Norma Riddle, Allan Scherlen, Bill Schultz, Jennie Sizemore (chair), James Smith, John Wiswell
Western North Carolina Library Network Committees (WNCLN)
- WNCLN ABCirc Committee - John Abbott, Susan Jennings, Jack Love, Jason Stamper (chair), Catherine Wilkinson
- WNCLN Board of Directors - Mary Reichel
- WNCLN Collections Committee - John Abbott (chair), Suzanne Wise
- WNCLN Network Coordinating Council - John Abbott, Beth Cramer (secretary), Paul Orkiszewski, Mary Reichel, Jason Stamper, Catherine Wilkinson
- WNCLN Patron-Web Services Committee - Jennie Sizemore, Betsy Williams
- WNCLN Tech-Services Committee - Beth Cramer, Georgie Donovan (chair), Andrea Leonard,
- WNCLN Technology Committee - Scott Rice