- Get Help
- About Us
- Ask a Librarian
How do I use the scanners to scan a document (picture, graph, drawing, etc.)?
Using the scanners on the first floor, behind the central service desk:
Scanning a document and creating an Adobe Acrobat X Pro
1. Place your document in the scanner.
2. Choose File > Create > PDF from Scanner > Custom Scan
3. a. From the drop down for Scanner: choose > WIA-hp scanjet 8300 series
b. Click the check box for Prompt for scanning more pages
c. Click Scan
4. Scanning will begin and you will be prompted to scan more pages if needed.
5. Save the scanned document(s) to a destination on the computer. Choose
File > Save As… > PDF… > and select the destination.
Scanning a photo into Adobe Photoshop
1. Choose File > Import > WIA Support.
2. Choose a destination on your computer for saving your image files.
3. Click Start.
4. Make sure that Open Acquired Images in Photoshop is selected. If you have
a large number of images to import, or if you want to edit the images at a later
time, deselect it.
5. Make sure that Unique Subfolder is selected if you want to save the
imported images directly into a folder whose name is the current date.
6. Select the scanner that you want to use.
Note: If the name of your scanner does not appear in the submenu, verify
that the software and drivers were properly installed and that the scanner is
7. Choose the kind of image you want to scan (Color, Grayscale, or Black &
8. Click preview to view the scan. If necessary, drag the handles of the
bounding box to adjust the size of the crop.
9. Click Scan.
10. The scanned image is saved in BMP format.