We need your help!
Please join the Distance Education Student Advisory Committee to lend your voice and expertise on the best ways the Distance Education department can better serve its students. This committee offers a platform for you to voice your opinions and suggestions as well as an important leadership and professional development opportunity for students. Committee members will be responsible for exploring and reporting on issues related to Distance Education at Appalachian State, collaborating with each other on projects, and leading discussions on assigned topics. Time commitment will not be overwhelming, but committee members will be expected to be adequately prepared for meetings.
- Several committee members for all Distance Education programs will be selected based on percentage of students enrolled in each college; ideally representatives from undergraduate and graduate programs within a variety of disciplines.
- The Committee will participate via an ASU Learn course set-up to use multiple formats for communicating such as chat, forums, video-streaming, and web-conferencing. The members will work independently and in groups to maximize our effectiveness. If members wish and/or are more comfortable, face to face meetings may be coordinated in various regions.
- To volunteer please fill out this form: Volunteer Form for Student Advisory Committee.  The deadline for applications is September 13, 2013
- Committee members will be selected by September 15, 2013 and notified by email on September 16, 2013.
- If you have any questions, please contact Kelly McCallister or Bronwen Sheffield---we are looking forward to working with you!
Kelly McCallister -Distance Education Librarianfirstname.lastname@example.org 
Bronwen Sheffield-Distance Education Program Manageremail@example.com