Dear colleagues and students,
I am delighted to tell you that the Belk Library & Information Commons will return to 24/5 operation, Sundays through Thursdays, starting on March 16, 2014. Provost Gonzalez and Chancellor Peacock were very eager to make this happen. I appreciate their encouragement and also wish to thank Appalachian State students for considering the Library so important to their success.
- The University will not be charging any additional fees to students for these extended hours.
- Between 2:00 am and 7:30 am, a valid AppCard will be required to enter or stay in the building. Patrons should be mindful of security and not prop or hold doors for others.
- 24/5 will run during Fall and Spring semesters.
- We will also increase hours on Fridays and Saturdays. See the library hours calendar  for the full schedule.
Some services will be limited during very late night hours:
- All desk and reference services will be closed from 2:00 am - 7:30 am.
- Self-checkout will remain open for books.
- Laptops will be due at 1:00 am so that we can update them.
- The fourth floor will continue to close at 10:00 pm.
Dean of University Libraries