Carol Grotnes Belk Library and Information Commons provides instruction rooms primarily for use by the Library's Information Literacy and Instruction program. For more information, please see our Instruction Program and Services page.
Requesting a Library Instruction room
- Library instruction rooms are reserved exclusively for library instruction during the fall semester from the first day of classes through November 17 and spring semester from the first day of classes through April 19. The schedule availability of the library instruction rooms is subject to change.
- Appalachian State Faculty and Staff may request use of these rooms after these dates; however, requests for library instruction have priority.
- Semester-long courses will not be scheduled in the instruction rooms; departments may not schedule these rooms as a classroom.
- Please check the hours posted for Belk Library and Information Commons. The library instruction rooms may only be used at times that the Library is open.
Policies and Procedures
- The faculty member, graduate teaching assistant, or staff member responsible for the class will be in the instruction room during the entire reservation period.
- Use of the Library instruction rooms for public performances of films, regardless of the nature or source of the film, requires proof of compliance with the United States copyright laws and the University’s policies with regard to film exhibitions.
- Room access is provided by staff from the main floor Library Services Desk at the time of the event. Please stop by a few minutes before the start of the event.
The Library reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a reservation due to Library need.