Our projects are deliberately focused on partnerships within the university, with community organizations, and other libraries.
- We create digital projects and sponsors speakers, conferences, and workshops.
- We can develop, manage and disseminate datasets, digital collections and webpages, and digital publications.
Examples – Appalachian State University partners
- Appalachian Consortium Press Publications Digitization: With funding from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation we collaborated with UNC Press to digitize Appalachian Consortium Press publications, which are freely available as epubs and PDF documents.
- Digital History Class: A collaboration with Kristen Deathridge from History is training students to create websites and exhibits for multiple local history organizations using the Omeka content management software.
- Open Access Publishing: We are working with the Center for Developmental Education to digitize the Journal of Developmental Education and offer it as an open access publication.
- Dissemination of data sets: Multiple faculty have consulted with us on the dissemination of their data sets to satisfy grant requirements.
Examples – Community partners
- Collaborations with community partners including the Blowing Rock Historical Society, Digital Watauga, the Bienenstock Furniture Library, and the Lincoln Heights Recreation Corporation.
- Mountain Home Memories: Digital Library of Southern Appalachia
If you wish to partner with us on a project, please refer to our Digital Scholarship page.
We co-sponsor events with campus partners including Information Technology Services, the Office of Research Consultation, Library Technology Services, Special Collections, The Center for Appalachian Studies, University Documentary Film Services, and the Digital Humanities Working Group.
- Events include the Digital Appalachia Lecture Series.
- Conferences include THATCamp for digital humanities.
- Workshops can be offered on copyright, open access, and digital research tools such Blender and Clio.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an idea for an event or need training.