Scholarly Communications Services
The Office of Scholarly Communications helps scholars publish, access, create, and use scholarship through alternative and traditional means. Our goal is to help you disseminate your work, increase your research impact, and promote accessibility in all fields of scholarship. We also offer consultations on copyright issues, publication agreements, author's rights, fair use in the classroom, digital humanities projects, open educational resources, Creative Commons licenses, and more.
If you have a question or would like to set up a consultation, please Contact Us.
- Appalachian Copyright Academy
- Appalachian's Institutional Repository
- Copyright and Fair Use
- Digital Humanities Lab
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETD)
- Electronic Thesis/Dissertation Metadata Form
- How to Start and Manage an Open Access Journal
- Journal Editors and Board Members at Appalachian State University
- Open Access
- Open Journals at Appalachian
- Scholarly Communications Explained
Scholarly Publishing Services
The Digital Scholarship and Initiatives team is open to collaborating with faculty interested in scholarly publishing. Available resources include creating e-book and e-journals on local publishing platforms, helping you publish and preserve content on alternative platforms, and leveraging the print and administrative services of the UNC Press. The notion of "academic libraries as publishers" is a new and growing development, and we welcome your interest and ideas. We can help you:
- Explore publishing pathways to make your research more readily and openly available through innovative technologies
- Pursue open access publishing for journals and open educational resources
- Partner with the University of North Carolina Press to develop both formal and informal publications
- Seek grant opportunities
- Apply standards, best practices, and metadata to your work
- Leverage dataset preservation software to store datasets that accompany journals and research
- Getting the Word Out: Academic Libraries as Scholarly Publishers (Association of College & Research Libraries)
For questions about Scholarly Communication and Publishing, please contact Agnes Gambill, email@example.com or 828-262-2825.