Scholarly Communications Services
The Office of Scholarly Communications helps scholars publish, access, create, and use scholarship through alternative and traditional means. Our goal is to help you disseminate your work, increase your research impact, and promote accessibility in all fields of scholarship. We also offer consultations on copyright issues, publication agreements, author's rights, fair use in the classroom, digital humanities projects, open educational resources, and more.
If you have a question or would like to set up a consultation, please Contact Us.
Scholarly Publishing Services
The Digital Scholarship and Initiatives team is open to collaborating with faculty interested in scholarly publishing. Possible resources include locally served e-book and e-journal publishing platforms, helping you publishing on existing platforms, and leveraging some of the printing and administrative services of the UNC Press. Academic libraries as publishers is a new and growing development, and we welcome your interest and ideas. We can help you:
- Explore publishing pathways to make your research more readily and openly available through innovative technologies
- Pursue open access publishing for journals and open educational resources
- Partner with the University of North Carolina Press to develop both formal and informal publications
- Seek grant opportunities
- Apply standards, best practices, and metadata to your work
- Getting the Word Out: Academic Libraries as Scholarly Publishers (Association of College & Research Libraries)
For questions about Scholarly Communication and Publishing, please contact Agnes Gambill, email@example.com or 828-262-2825.