- Co-coordinates a team of 16 library faculty and staff
- Assists the team in achieving objectives related to public service and instruction
- Supervises 6 library staff members responsible day and night public services
- Supervises the User Experience Librarian and works closely to set goals and objectives
- Participates in the library's instruction and information literacy program
- Collects and synthesizes team statistics used for decision making
Scholarly & Service Interests
- Space planning
- Service standards
- Library effectiveness
Johnson, Ken, McCallister, Kelly. "Assessing the 24/5 Library: a Case Study in Data and Perspectives." Journal of Access Services Vol. 12, Nos. 3-4 (2015) pp 75-90.
Johnson, Ken, Susan Jennings, and Sue Hisle. "Ending the Turf War: Circulation, Reference, and Instruction on One Team." Journal of Access Services, Vol. 8, No. 3 (July - September 2011) pp 107 - 124.
Josh Boyer, Joe Fennewald, and Ken Johnson. “Staffing the Commons: the Ripple Effects of Changing Roles.” The Collective Conference: Libraries as Curators & Creators 2015, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN. February 20, 2015.
Ken Johnson and Kelly McCallister. “Assessing the 24/5 Library: Does Data Matter?” Access Services Conference 2014, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA. November 13, 2014.
Ken Johnson and Geri Purpur. “You Can Do It! Preparation Methods for Space Planning.” Academic Libraries: Present and Future conference, North Carolina Library Association – Colleges and University Section, Charlotte, NC. December 5, 2014.
Geri Purpur and Ken Johnson. “What a Trip: Customer Journey Mapping and the User Experience.” Academic Libraries: Present and Future conference, North Carolina Library Association – Colleges and University Section, Charlotte, NC. December 5, 2014.
Title: Coordinator of User Services, Associate Professor
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-2776
Fax: (828) 262-3001