Liaison Responsibilities, including instruction and collection strategy
- Communication Sciences & Disorders
- HES: Athletic Training, Exercise Science, and Public Health
- Nutrition & Health Care Management
- Physics & Astronomy
- Recreation Management, Health and Physical Education (RMPE)
- Wake Forest Physician Assistant program
- Temporarily: Social Work, Psychology, Geological & Environmental Sciences
Other Library Responsibilities
- Collection strategy and scholarly communication. Evaluate and select information sources in all formats for my liaison programs
- Monitor usage and functioning of electronic resources
- Liaison. Consult with faculty and others concerning curricular and research needs
- Teaching. evidence-based practice and information literacy instruction for students, in classes and individually
- Develop and manage learning objects, such as library guides and short videos.
- Information behavior of students and faculty
- Collection management and strategy for health and physical sciences
- LIS and health science methodologies and data
- Evidence-based practice in libraries and health services, evidence-based assessment
- Public health and epidemiology
- Masters in Library and Information Studies, 2007, UNC Greensboro.
- Masters in Public Health 1997, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey/Rutgers University, concentration in Epidemiology and Quantitative Methods (= using health data, health research methods and design, statistics, understand health and healthcare)
- BA, Texas
- American Public Health Association, ALA/ACRL, NCLA, Mid Atlantic Chapter of the Medical Library Association, MLA, ANCHASL
- University: Undergraduate Academic Procedures & Policies
- Library: Library Council
Wiswell, John. 2018. “What would you do if your collections budget was cut 25% 20%?” Carolina Consortium annual meeting. Greensboro, May 2018.
Wiswell, John. 2017. “Comparing use and usability of ebooks to near-at-hand pbooks.” ER&L Conference, April 2-5, 2017, Austin, Texas.
Wiswell, John. 2016. "Delays in Availability of Faculty Journal Articles?: Local Effects of Open Access Policies(link is external)." Poster presented at the 2016 Annual Meeting of the Medical Library Association, May 13-18, Toronto.
Wiswell, John. 2015. "Delays in Open Access Availability of Faculty Journal Articles(link is external)." Poster presented at the 2015 Annual Meeting of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter/MAC of the Medical Library Association/MLA, October 18-20, Asheville, NC.
Johnson, Megan, Andrea Leonard, and John Wiswell. 2015. “Deciding to Change OpenURL Link Resolvers(link is external).” Journal of Electronic Resources Librarianship 27 (1): 10–25. doi:10.1080/1941126X.2015.999519.
Title: Health Sciences Librarian, Associate Professor
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-7853