Liaison (Outreach) Responsibilities
- Communication Sciences & Disorders
- HES: Athletic Training, Exercise Science, and Public Health
- Nutrition & Health Care Management
- Physics & Astronomy
- Recreation Management, Health and Physical Education (RMPE)
- Wake Forest SoM--Boone Physician Assistant program
Other Library Responsibilities
- Scholarly Communication. Evaluate and select information sources in all formats for my liaison programs
- Monitor usage and functioning of electronic resources, especially for these programs.
- Liaison (outreach). Consult with faculty and others concerning curricular and research needs, especially for these programs.
- Teaching. Information literacy instruction for students in classes and individually, especially for these programs.
- Participate in the Library's instruction and information literacy program.
- Manage change in streaming video and anatomy visualization collections.
- Develop and manage learning objects, such as library guides and short videos.
- Information behavior of students and faculty
- Collection management for health and physical sciences
- LIS and health science methodologies and data
- Evidence-based practice in libraries and health services, evidence-based assessment
- Global health and injury epidemiology
- Masters in Library and Information Studies, 2007, UNC Greensboro.
- Masters in Public Health 1997, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey/Rutgers University, concentration in Epidemiology and Quantitative Methods (= using health data, health research methods and design, statistics, understand health and healthcare)
- ALA/ACRL, NCLA, Mid Atlantic Chapter of the Medical Library Association, MLA, ANCHASL
- University: Undergraduate Academic Procedures & Policies
- Library: Scholarly Communications Librarian Search Committee (2018), Web Content Committee (through July 2018), Diversity Committee (through July 2018)
- Library task forces: Liaison Guidance Council (through July 2018), Scholarly Communication Working Group
Wiswell, John. 2016. "Delays in Availability of Faculty Journal Articles?: Local Effects of Open Access Policies(link is external)." Poster presented at the 2016 Annual Meeting of the Medical Library Association, May 13-18, Toronto.
Wiswell, John. 2015. "Delays in Open Access Availability of Faculty Journal Articles(link is external)." Poster presented at the 2015 Annual Meeting of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter/MAC of the Medical Library Association/MLA, October 18-20, Asheville, NC.
Johnson, Megan, Andrea Leonard, and John Wiswell. 2015. “Deciding to Change OpenURL Link Resolvers(link is external).” Journal of Electronic Resources Librarianship 27 (1): 10–25. doi:10.1080/1941126X.2015.999519.