Email me with a question or for an appointment, wiswellj@ . For appointments, please suggest a few times and state your topic. I can meet in Zoom, at Levine, or on main campus.
Liaison Responsibilities, including instruction, consulting, and collections
- Rehabilitation Sciences: Communication Sciences & Disorders, Athletic Training, and Occupational Therapy
- Public Health and Exercise Science
- Nutrition & Health Care Management
- Physics & Astronomy
- Recreation Management
- Veterinary Technology
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine Physician Assistant program
Other Library Responsibilities
- Collection strategy and scholarly communication. Evaluate, monitor, and select information sources for liaison programs
- Liaison. Consult with faculty and others concerning curricular and research needs
- Teaching. Evidence-based practice and information literacy instruction for students, in classes and individually
- Develop and manage learning objects, such as library guides and short videos.
- Information behavior of students and faculty
- Collection management and scholarly communication for health and physical sciences
- LIS and health science methodologies and data
- Evidence-based practice in libraries and health services, evidence-based assessment
- Public health and epidemiology
- Masters in Library and Information Studies, 2007, UNC Greensboro.
- Masters in Public Health 1997, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey/Rutgers University, concentration in Epidemiology and Quantitative Methods
- BA, Texas
- American Public Health Association, ALA/ACRL, NCLA, Mid Atlantic Chapter of the Medical Library Association, MLA, ANCHASL
- University: University Research Council, Work-Life Council
- Libraries: STEM/Sciences and Social Sciences Liaison Groups
Wiswell, John. 2018. “What would you do if your collections budget was cut 20%?” Carolina Consortium annual meeting. Greensboro, May 2018.
Wiswell, John. 2017. “Comparing use and usability of ebooks to near-at-hand pbooks.” ER&L Conference, April 2-5, 2017, Austin, Texas.
Wiswell, John. 2016. "Delays in Availability of Faculty Journal Articles?: Local Effects of Open Access Policies(link is external)." Poster presented at the 2016 Annual Meeting of the Medical Library Association, May 13-18, Toronto.
Wiswell, John. 2015. "Delays in Open Access Availability of Faculty Journal Articles(link is external)." Poster presented at the 2015 Annual Meeting of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter/MAC of the Medical Library Association/MLA, October 18-20, Asheville, NC.
Johnson, Megan, Andrea Leonard, and John Wiswell. 2015. “Deciding to Change OpenURL Link Resolvers(link is external).” Journal of Electronic Resources Librarianship 27 (1): 10–25. doi:10.1080/1941126X.2015.999519.
Title: Health Sciences Librarian, Associate Professor
Department: Nursing, Nutrition & Health Care Management, Public Health & Exercise Science, Recreation Management, Rehabilitation Sciences: CSD, AT, and OT, Physics and Astronomy, Veterinary Technology, Wake Forest Physician Assistant
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-7853
Office address225 Belk Library and 542F Levine Hall
|Narrative for scholarship||document||17.36 KB|
|Narrative for service||document||16.79 KB|