What do I need to attend an online workshop?
- Any device with Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome.
- A minimum of a 56K modem.
- Speakers or headphones are required.
- A microphone or the ability to text Chat.
How do I register for an online workshop?
- Register for online workshops by clicking the Register Here link.
- Fill out the form to enroll
- A message will be sent to the provided email when you submit your enrollment that contains a URL to attend the workshop.
How do I attend when it is time for the workshop?
- Be sure to log in 20 minutes before the scheduled workshop. Use this time to test your microphone and speaker settings through the auto wizard.
- The workshops will start on time, so there will not be any time for troubleshooting during the workshop.
What if I cannot fit a session into my schedule?
All online workshops are recorded and archived below in the View Past Sessions section. Or, librarians can schedule one-on-one sessions either in person or online to accommodate scheduling conflicts. Fill out the RAP request form and a librarian will contact you.
View Past Sessions
|Workshop||Time||Instructor||View past session||Useful Links|
|Library Orientation for Distance Education||6:00–7:00pm||Kelly McCallister||Click here||http://guides.library.appstate.edu/AppStateOnline|
|Introduction to the Makerspace||2:00-3:00pm||Hannah Pope||Click here||http://guides.library.appstate.edu/makerspace|
|Introduction to Mango and Pronunciator||2:00–3:00pm||Elizabeth Cramer||Click here||http://guides.library.appstate.edu/languageresources|
|Don't Be An Image Thief||12:00-1:00pm||Jenn Natale||Click here||http://guides.library.appstate.edu/freetech/image|
|Research Basics 101||6:30-7:30pm||Kelly McCallister||Click here||http://guides.library.appstate.edu/index|