What do I need to attend an online workshop?
- PC or Mac with Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome.
- A minimum of a 56K modem.
- Speakers or headphones are required.
- A microphone or the ability to text Chat.
How do I register for an online workshop?
Register for online workshops by clicking the Register Here link.
- Fill out the form to enroll
- A message will be sent to the provided email when you submit your enrollment that contains a URL to attend the workshop.
How do I attend when it is time for the workshop?
- Be sure to log in 20 minutes before the scheduled workshop. Use this time to test your microphone and speaker settings through the auto wizard.
- The workshops will start on time, so there will not be any time for troubleshooting during the workshop.
What if I cannot fit a session into my schedule?
Librarians can schedule one-on-one sessions either in person or online to accommodate scheduling conflicts. Fill out the RAP request form and a librarian will contact you.
Spring 2018 Workshops
|January 23, 2018||Library Orientation for Distance Education||6:00–7:00pm||Kelly McCallister||Register here||Be introduced to an overview of Library resources and services specifically designed for Distance Education students, faculty and staff. Will learn about services such as book and article delivery, catalog search, RAP sessions, instruction requests, etc. Bring questions and requests! Check out our DE site: http://guides.library.appstate.edu/distance-education/home|
|January 26, 2018||Library Orientation for Transfer Students||1:00-2:00pm||Kelly McCallister||Register here||Be introduced to an overview of Library resources and services specifically designed for Transfer Students students, faculty and staff. Will learn about services such as book and article delivery, catalog search, RAP sessions, instruction requests, etc. Bring questions and requests! Check out Transfer site: http://guides.library.appstate.edu/transfer-students|
|February 15, 2018||Introduction to Mango||3:00-4:00pm||Elizabeth Cramer||Register here||Mango is an interactive online language learning program available to all Appalachian students, staff, and faculty. Mango features a free mobile app, learning through film, and the ability to track your progress.|
View Past Sessions
|Date||Workshop||Time||Instructor||View past session|
|August 24, 2017||Library Orientation for Distance Education||6:00–7:00pm||Kelly McCallister||Click here|
|August 28, 2017||Introduction to the Makerspace||2:00-3:00pm||Hannah Pope||Click here|
|September 20, 2017||Introduction to Mango and Pronunciator||2:00–3:00pm||Elizabeth Cramer||Click here|