What do I need to attend an online workshop?
- Any device with Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome.
- A minimum of a 56K modem.
- Speakers or headphones are required.
- A microphone or the ability to text Chat.
How do I register for an online workshop?
- Register for online workshops by clicking the Zoom link.
- Fill out the form to enroll
- A message will be sent to the provided email when you submit your enrollment that contains a URL to attend the workshop.
How do I attend when it is time for the workshop?
- Be sure to log in 20 minutes before the scheduled workshop. Use this time to test your microphone and speaker settings through the auto wizard.
- The workshops will start on time, so there will not be any time for troubleshooting during the workshop.
What if I cannot fit a session into my schedule?
All online workshops are recorded and archived below in the View Past Sessions section. Or, librarians can schedule one-on-one sessions either in person or online to accommodate scheduling conflicts. Fill out the RAP request form and a librarian will contact you.
Fall 2020 Sessions
Link to Session
Wednesday October 14, 2020
Sketchnoting and Library Research
Jackie Eagleson and Kyle McFarland
Sketchnoting is a form of note taking that uses words and visuals to summarize information. Attend this workshop to learn the basics of sketchnoting and how to apply it to library research. Please bring a pen and paper or stylus and tablet. No artistic skills necessary!
View Past Sessions
|Workshop||View past session||Useful Links|
|Library Orientation for Distance Education||Click here||http://guides.library.appstate.edu/AppStateOnline|
|Introduction to the Makerspace||Click here||http://guides.library.appstate.edu/makerspace|
|Introduction to Mango and Pronunciator||Click here||http://guides.library.appstate.edu/languageresources|
|Don't Be An Image Thief||Click here||http://guides.library.appstate.edu/freetech/image|
|Research Basics 101||Click here||https://library.appstate.edu/research-help-guides|
|Make(r)Space From Home: 3D Design and Printing||Click here||https://guides.library.appstate.edu/makerspace|
|Make(r)Space From Home: Learn to Design for the Laser Cutter||Click here||https://guides.library.appstate.edu/makerspace|