Where are the print stations located?
We have seven black and white (B&W) printers and one color printer. All public library computers automatically print to these networked printers (or print stations) located in the library. The public computers default to black and white.
Location of B&W printers:
- Lower level: 1 print station
- First floor: 3 print stations located in main computing area against the wall with windows
- Second floor: 1 print station
- Third floor: 1 print station
- Fourth floor: 1 print station in the Appalachian Collection
Location of the color printer:
The color printer is located on the first floor in the main computing area against the wall. It is the larger unit of the four in that area.
How do I use the print stations?
You must have your ASU AppCard to use the printers in the library. The AppCard Express Account is used to print in the library and anywhere on campus.
At the public computer:
- Choose File > Print from the menu of the application or browser.
- Select "HP M606DN Printer" for black and white or "HP 5550DN Color Laser Printer" for color. The computers default to black and white.
- In the Print Job Details box, enter a username and password. These can be any username or password combination. Be sure to remember the name/password combination you use.
- Take your AppCard to any one of the print stations in the library.
At the printer or print station:
- Swipe your AppCard in the card reader on top of the monitor.
- Look for the username you chose for your print job.
- Click on the username in the list and enter the password you chose for your print job. Entering your username and password releases the print job to you.
Note that color print jobs can be released from either the color printer or the B&W printers on the main floor.
How much does it cost to print?
Black and white printing: $0.03 per page
Color printing: $0.50 for 8.5 x 11 or $2 for 11 x 17
Does the color printer print on both sides?
No, the color printer will only do single-sided prints.
Copiers are available on the first floor.
Scanners located on the first floor of Belk Library and on the lower level in the Digital Media Studio.
The Library Service Desk on the main floor of Belk Library offers a mediated fax service (incoming and outgoing) for ASU faculty, staff, students, and the community. This service is available during the hours the library is open.
Incoming fax number: (828) 262-7217.
Questions? Call the Library Service Desk at (828) 262-2818.