The Technology Checkout Desk is a service desk that allows patrons to check out digital equipment and accessories for personal use. It is located on the Lower Level of the Belk Library and Information Commons, next to the main stairwell and adjacent to the Digital Media Studio. Refer to the floor plan for a detailed map of the Lower Level, as well as the Technology Checkout Desk calender (click on “Technology Checkout Desk” tab) for our updated hours.
Students, staff, and faculty have access to a wide range of equipment, including:
- Laptops (Google Chromebook, Mac and PC)
- Tablets (Galaxy and Surface)
- Digital Cameras (Nikon CoolPix, Nikon DSLR, Canon Powershot)
- Camcorders (Canon Vixia, Sony HDR-MV1)
- Audio Recorders (Zoom H2, Zoom H2n, Snowball and Yeti microphones)
- Programming Tools (Arduino, Raspberry Pi kits)
- Scientific and Graphing Calculators, Headphones, Wired Mice, Hard Drives, Wacum Drawing Tablet
See the full list and availability of these items using APPsearch (search for “asu” and limit to ASU Tech Checkout Desk under Location).
Check-out Policies and Procedures:
- No reserves: We do not reserve equipment.
- Returns: Equipment must be returned to the Technology Checkout Desk during open hours.
- Renewals: No online renewals. Equipment must be returned to the desk for renewal.
- Responsibility: You are responsible for lost equipment and peripherals.
Along with equipment for checkout, the Technology Checkout Desk is also the point of contact for these other services:
Patrons also have access to a vending machine, located on the Lower Level adjacent to the elevators, that contains items such as earbuds, batteries, USB cables, and flash drives. The vending machine accepts cash and AppCard for purchase.
Loan Periods for Digital Equipment
|Digital Equipment||Loan Period|
|Arduino Kit||1 week|
|Audio Recorder Zoom H2||3 days|
|Audio Recorder Zoom H2n||3 days|
|Wacom Drawing Tablet||3 days|
|Calculator TI-84 Plus||3 days|
|Camcorder Canon Vixia||3 days|
|Sphero Robot||3 days|
|Wired Mouse||3 days|
|Individual chargers||8 hours|
|Yeti USB Mic||3 days|
|Camera Lytro||3 days|
|Camcorder Sony HDR-MV1||3 days|
|Camcorder Zoom Q3HD||3 days|
|Camera Canon Powershot||3 days|
|Camera Nikon CoolPix L810||3 days|
|Camera Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS7 and FS42||3 days|
|Camera Tripod Sony||3 days|
|Camera Tripod Sony Mini||3 days|
|Macbook Pros||8 hours|
|Kindle Fire||2 weeks|
|Lacie Hard Drive||3 days|
|PC Laptops||8 hours|
|LCD Projector||1 week|
|Raspberry Pi Kit||1 week|
|Samsung Galaxy Three||2 weeks|
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Michael O’Hara, Tech Desk Manager.