The Technology Checkout Desk is a service desk that allows patrons to check out digital equipment and accessories for personal use. It is located on the Lower Level of the Belk Library and Information Commons, next to the main stairwell and adjacent to the Digital Media Studio. Refer to the floor plan for a detailed map of the Lower Level, as well as the Technology Checkout Desk calendar (click on “Technology Checkout Desk” tab) for our updated hours.
Check-out Policies and Procedures:
- No reserves: We do not reserve equipment.
- Returns: Equipment must be returned to the Technology Checkout Desk during open hours.
- Renewals: No online or over the phone renewals. Equipment must be returned to the desk for renewal.
- Responsibility: You are responsible for lost or damaged equipment and peripherals. Overdue fines apply for all equipment returned late ($5 a day for daily equipment and $2 an hour for hourly).
Examples of equipment provided at the Technology Checkout Desk include :
- Video : Nikon DSLR cameras, Canon Vixia camcorders, Sony 4K camcorders, Tripods
- Audio: Zoom Audio recorders, Yeti microphones, Sony shotgun microphones
- Computers: PC laptops, Macbooks, Chromebooks, Surface tablets, Individual chargers
- Miscellaneous Headphones, Projectors, Graphing/Scientific/Financial calculators, DVD readers, Wired mice, Wacom drawing tablets