About this service
The Technology Checkout Desk is a service desk that allows patrons to check out digital equipment and accessories for personal use. It is located on the Lower Level of the Belk Library and Information Commons, next to the main stairwell and adjacent to the Digital Media Studio. Refer to the floor plan for a detailed map of the Lower Level, as well as the Technology Checkout Desk calendar (click on “Technology Checkout Desk” tab) for our updated hours.
Check-out policies and procedures
- No reservations: We do not reserve equipment for individuals or classes, all items are first come/first serve.
- Returns: Equipment must be returned to the Technology Checkout Desk during open hours.
- Renewals: No online or over the phone renewals. Equipment must be returned to the desk for renewal.
- Responsibility: You are responsible for overdue, lost or damaged equipment and peripherals. Overdue fines are automatically applied to your Student Account for all equipment returned late ($5 a day per checked out item for daily equipment).
- Billing: Keeping items out for seven days past their initial due date will result in being billed for the full cost of the item. Returning it will remove this bill and replace it with overdue fines.
Suggest equipment for purchase
Interested in suggesting equipment for the Technology Checkout Desk to circulate? Please do so using the Technology Checkout Desk Equipment Request form and we will take it under consideration.
Tech Desk items available
|HDMI Cable||8 hours||Check catalog|
|HDMI to Thunderbolt Adapter||8 hours||Check catalog|
|Macbook L Connector Charger||8 hours||Check catalog|
|Macbook Pro Charger||8 hours||Check catalog|
|Macbook USB-C Charger||8 hours||Check catalog|
|PC Charger||8 hours||Check catalog|
|Skull Candy Headphones||8 hours||Check catalog|
|USB-C Hub||8 hours||Check catalog|
|VGA to Thunderbolt Adapter||8 hours||Check catalog|
|Wired Mouse||3 days||Check catalog|