The Library offers ASU faculty the option of having library materials delivered to their departmental mail room area. By using this service, Faculty agree to have the item checked out to their account before it leaves the library building and without the presentation of your ID.
NOTE: This service will not operate during University holidays, breaks and intersessions.
For items owned by ASU
- Find the item in the online catalog and display the record on the screen.
- Click on the "Request Item" button
- Enter last name, Banner ID number and choose "Deliver to me at ASU FACULTY DEPT" as the pickup location in the drop down menu.
- Follow screen instructions to submit request
For items owned by UNCA and WCU (held within the Western North Carolina Library Network)
Use the ABC Request  service and select "Deliver to me at ASU FACULTY DEPT" in the drop down menu.
For Interlibrary Loan materials
Use ILLiad  and update your user information by setting Preferred Loan Delivery Method to "Deliver to Faculty Dept."
Terms of Delivery and Return of Materials
- Items will be delivered to departments through campus mail in reuseable green shipping bags. (Please return the green shipping bags prompty).
- Items will be mailed Monday through Friday through scheduled University Mail Delivery. Check your department for delivery times.
- Materials will be checked in and cleared from your record upon return of the materials to the library. You are responsible for all items until they are checked in.
- In order to ensure proper check in of returns, please return all materials and the green shipping bags directly to the library or by dropping them in one of the 7 remote drop boxes on campus. Campus Mail will not take responsibility for materials and shipping bags that are returned through the mail service and will refuse delivery of returned items.
Materials that are not eligible for Faculty Departmental Delivery are:
- Items from reference collections
- Items that are "Library Use Only"
- Items from the Music Library
For problems, questions or concerns, contact Thomas Main firstname.lastname@example.org .