What is the Request It! service?
The Request It! service is a "Request" function of the library catalog that allows eligible patrons to have items at ASU Library pulled and placed "On Hold" at the Library Service Desk.
Who is eligible for this service?
Students, faculty, and staff of Appalachian State University are eligible to use the Request It! service. You must present your ASU ID (AppCard) at the Library Service Desk on the first floor of Belk Library to check out items on hold.
What items cannot be requested and placed on hold?
Items that cannot be requested and placed on hold:
- Items from reference collections
- Items that are "Library Use only"
- Items from the ASU Browsing collections
- Items from the ASU Music Library
- Items from the Reserve collection
- Items from the Periodicals collection
- Items from the Microforms collection
How do I make a request?
Follow these steps to request an item to be placed on hold:
- Find the item in the online catalog and display the record on the screen.
- Verify that the status indicates "NOT CHK'D OUT"
- Click on the "Request" button
- Authenticate, then choose "ASU Lib Service Desk" as the pickup location in the drop down menu.
- Follow screen instructions to submit request
**Please wait until you receive your email notification in your ASU email account before coming to the library for the material.
When will a requested item be available for pickup?
We do not guarantee a specific turnaround time from request to availability for pickup because it takes time to print and pull requests. However, our goal is a 24 hour turnaround time, Mondays - Fridays (excluding holidays and breaks).
Are there any limits to the number of active holds allowed?
Yes, there are limits to the number of active holds allowed and vary according to patron type. Please order judiciously.
For problems, questions, or concerns, contact Thomas Main via email (email@example.com ).