Regulations for using Room 114
Library room 114 may be scheduled for University administrative, faculty, and staff functions, and for recognized University student groups. This schedule is subject to change based on the Library hours , which vary with holidays, breaks, and Library closings.
Scheduling priority exists for use by classes requiring the use of the projection equipment. The room is available for regularly scheduled classes, Monday through Friday and all such classes end by 3:30pm. Use of the room for regularly scheduled classes 8:00am - 3:30pm are handled through the Dean's office, College of Arts & Science, 265-8629.
Room 114 has fixed, theater seating for a maximum occupancy of 125. Table and chairs may be available for program presenters, but additional audience seating is not available. The person/organization reserving the room is responsible for assuring that room capacity is not exceeded.
- Room access is provided by staff from the 1st floor Service Desk at the time of the event. No keys will be issued for the room.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an event due to Library need.
- Completion of the request form does not ensure room availability or event approval.
- A minimum of 30 minutes is required between events/programs. Please enter and exit the room in a timely manner to accommodate other group’s schedules.
- Events can be scheduled:
- Monday – Friday
- Hours depend upon the schedule of the building, please check the Library hours 
- Starting 30 minutes after the last class of the day,
- Ending at 10:00 pm, if building schedule allows
- Monday – Friday
- Saturday – Sunday (no weekend classes)
- Hours depend upon the schedule of the building,
- Starting 30 minutes after the Library opens
- Ending at 10:00 pm, if building schedule allows or 30 min before the building closes
- Violations of the regulations with regard to capacity, showing of films, or food and drink will result in the group being unable to use library meeting rooms.
- Events may NOT be scheduled on days or at times the Library is closed.
Food and Drink
- The contact person / group / department making the reservation is responsible for cleanup of food, spills and trash.
(consider food set-up and clean-up time needed when scheduling a meeting with food)
- Within 30 minutes of the end time of your reservation: ALL Food items must be removed from the room and disposed of in the appropriate trash/recycle bins provided. When food is delivered by Food Services, you must return all food items and dishes to Food Services cart/s which will be in the hallway near the front entrance of the room.
- Effective April 1, 2014 events held in the Library will no longer be allowed to serve any alcoholic beverages.
AV and Movies/Films
- Use of the room for public performances of films, regardless of the nature or source of the film, requires proof of compliance with the United States copyright laws  and the University's policies with regards to film exhibitions. 
- The facility includes a Star Board, computer (Windows), projector, VHS player, DVD player, and wireless lapel and handheld microphones. Connections exist for the use of your own laptop. AV equipment in the room can only be used if one member of the group has completed training with a library staff member.
- For AV training contact: Katherine Alford email@example.com  (828) 262-4972. Proof of public performance rights must be provided to Katherine Alford at least 48 hours prior to a scheduled event.
- Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the reservation.
Please complete the Scheduling Request Form to request booking. The completion of this form does not insure room availability or event approval.
Please submit your request allowing no less than (1) business day for processing.
PLEASE DO NOT ADVERTISE YOUR EVENT UNTIL YOU HAVE A CONFIRMATION IN HAND!