Distance Education students use ILLiad  (the library's interlibrary loan system) to request:
- Books not owned by WNCLN (ASU, Western Carolina University and UNC-Asheville)
- Articles not available full-text online
- You need to be a currently enrolled ASU student to use ILLiad.
- You register - once - before you can use it the first time. See the below instructions.
Register to Use ILLiad
Please follow these steps:
- Go to ILLiad .
- Click on the First Time Users link.
Review the steps for setting up an account. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
By clicking on the First Time Users Click Here button you acknowledge and agree to all of the terms and conditions listed on that page.
- New User Registration for ILLiad screen:
Complete the registration form by providing all the requested information.
Status: Be sure to identify yourself as either Grad Dist Ed or Ugrad Dist Ed. This is Critical to having books mailed to your home address.
Username: Type in your university assigned e-mail name, e.g. nj12345 or smithab
Not sure? Your e-mail name is also listed in the campus directory .
Click the Submit Information button.
- Complete and submit ILLiad requests as needed. Exit when you are finished.