What Can I Do for the Libraries?
- Appalachian Memory Project 
- Give to the Libraries 
- Join the Richard T. Barker Friends of the Library 
Access Online Databases
There are numerous databases freely available over the Internet that can help you in locating materials, including magazines, newspapers, and journal articles, as well as finding books, music, photographs, and videos.
- American Memory  - images from the Library of Congress
- America's Historical Documents  - documents that record important events in American history
- ERIC  - search for education-related materials
- Google Scholar  - search for scholarly materials
- NC LIVE  - access to thousands of magazines, newspapers, and journals (password required - available from your local North Carolina public library)
- PubMed  - medical and health topics
- WorldCat  - search for items in libraries near you
Note: You must be physically on campus to access our full list of subscription databases.
Borrow Materials with a Library Card
Appalachian State University alumni, regardless of place of residence, may acquire a library card. Presentation of a valid driver's license (or valid state issued picture ID) and verification of alumni status in the Alumni Directory  is required. The cost of the card is $10.00 annually.
See complete policy for alumni/community borrower card .