Personalized assistance for in-depth research! Appointments can be in person, or virtually (via phone, web conference, or in the AETZone).
- Learn about research strategies, finding scholarly resources, appropriate library databases, and more
- Actively participate in the research process
- Available for current students and faculty
- Appointments are available Monday-Friday between the hours of 9:00am-7:30pm.
- We require at least 48 hours notice, excluding weekends, from time of request to prepare adequately for a RAP session.
- Sessions generally last from 15 minutes to an hour.
For more information about the Research Advisory Program contact:
- John Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org  or 828-262-2827
- Reference Desk at 828-262-2820.
Web conferencing is a tool which allows librarians, students, and faculty to interact live via a web interface. It is built into AsULearn, ASU's course management software system. Some features include two-way audio, text messaging, video and a shared whiteboard.
A computer with an internet connection and speakers; microphone helpful, but not required.
1. Go to the "Rap Session 1 " web conference session.
2. Under Participant LogIn, enter your name and click on the orange Enter tab.
3. Click on the orange Run Wizard tab to run the Setup Wizard. This is necessary to ensure your computer equipment is working correctly.
- There is a short download and Setup Wizard to run in advance of using the software. Allow approximately 15 minutes for those steps.
- Are you logging in from a work setting? There may be restrictions on your computer. Run the Setup Wizard well in advance of the session to determine if there are problems and discuss them with your local tech support staff.
- If you have a question, email or phone the librarian conducting your session.