- Counseling, Family Therapy, and Higher Education (CTH)
- Social Work
- Information Literacy & Instruction - provide face-to-face, synchronous online, and asynchronous instruction and liaison services in Social Sciences, First Year Seminars, Rhetoric and Composition, Writing Across the Curriculum, and other areas as needed.
- Marketing and Outreach - Develop strategies to develop and promote best practices in online instructional pedagogy within the library, academic departments, and support programs.
- Instructional Materials – Create, design, and manage the instructional materials repository.
- eLearning - Develop eLearning instructional tools and resources in consultation with the eLearning librarian.
- Research Assistance and Public Services - Provide reference and research assistance in person and online and participate in team public services and programming initiatives.
- Master of Library and Information Studies, 2020, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Online Teaching Certificate, 2020, Quality Matters
- Certificate in Rhetoric and Composition, 2014, Appalachian State University
- Master of Arts in English, 2012, Georgia State University
- Bachelor of Arts in English, 2006, Appalachian State University
- Information Literacy
- Humanities Research Methods
- Art and Literary Theory and Criticism
- Rhetoric and Composition
- Member: American Library Association (ALA)
- Member: Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Member: Southeastern Library Association (SLA)
- Member: Library Orientation-Instruction Exchange (LOEX)
- Member: African Literature Association (ALA)
- Member: Association for Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies (ACLALS)
- Member: Society for the Study of Southern Literature (SSSL)
- Board Member: Banner Elk Book Exchange (BEx)
- Board Member: Western North Carolina Sculpture Center (WNCSC)
- Secretary: Watauga County Beekeepers Association (WCBA)
Title: Information Literacy Librarian for the Social Sciences, Assistant Professor
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-2806
Office address148 Belk Library and Information Commons
|Dusty Ross CV||document||114.1 KB|