About this service
It is our goal at the Print Zone & Tech Help area to offer top-notch customer service to faculty, staff, students, and the Appalachian community. We strive to meet and exceed the requests for assistance by answering the question, providing a solution, and at the very least offering a viable workaround when no other option is available given the circumstances.
Where are the print stations located?
We have 8 printers, all of which can print in black and white or color. All library computers automatically print to these networked printers (or print stations). The computers default to black and white, double-sided (duplex) printing.
Printers are located throughout the library:
- Lower level: 1 print station
- First floor: 5 print stations
- Third floor: 1 print station
- Fourth floor: 1 print station
How do I use the print stations?
- Students, faculty, and staff should follow the PaperCut printing instructions and pricing information from IT Support Services.
- Community members should speak to a worker in the Print Zone for assistance.
How do I add money to my AppCard?
You have two options:
- Add money online to your Campus Cash account using a credit/debit card ($20 minimum deposit).
- Visit the AppCard office on the 2nd floor of the Bookstore (9am-5pm weekdays) to add to your Campus Cash account using cash or in amounts smaller than $20.
Large format printing and research poster printing are available through the Tech Checkout Desk on the lower level of Belk Library, but not through the Print Zone on the main level.
- All printers in the library can also be used as black and white or color copiers.
- Costs are the same as for printing. See PaperCut printing instructions and pricing information from IT Support Services.
- Printers 1 and 2 in the Print Zone can copy materials up to 11x17". Printers 3 and 4 can only copy standard size paper (8.5x11") or smaller.
- All four printers in the Print Zone can scan to email or Google Drive.
- The Print Zone also has two additional scanners that scan to thumb drives, email, One Drive, smartphone, text-to-audio, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
- The Special Collections Research Center on the 4th floor also has a book scanner available for use during SCRC open hours.
We offer a free mediated fax service (incoming and outgoing) during the hours the Print Zone & Tech Help area is staffed. (Note that the library reserves the right to refuse any job over 25 pages.)
Incoming fax number: (828) 262-7217.
Location: Located in the Print Zone & Tech Help area.
Hours: Resume printing is available during the Print Zone's staffed hours (see sidebar)
Cost: Free for 10 or fewer copies and you must supply your own paper.
We provide best effort and viable workarounds for all library software and hardware.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Setting up and configuring students’ personal computers and devices
- Setting up and configuring wireless printing
- Troubleshooting any hardware in the library and software on library computers