About this service
It is our goal at the Print Zone & Tech Help area to offer top-notch customer service to faculty, staff, students, and the Appalachian community. We strive to meet and exceed the requests for assistance by answering the question, providing a solution, and at the very least offering a viable workaround when no other option is available given the circumstances.
Where are the print stations located?
We have 10 black and white printers and one color printer. All the library’s computers automatically print to these networked printers (or print stations). The computers default to black and white and double-sided (duplex) printing.
Black and white printers are located throughout the library:
- Lower level: 1 print station
- First floor: 7 print stations
- 5 (one of which is a quick-release for 10 pages or fewer) in the Print Zone & Tech Help area
- 1 in the Assistive Technology Room 141
- 1 in Wired Scholar Cyber Café
- Third floor: 1 print station
- Fourth floor: 1 print station
A color printer is located on the first floor.
How do I use the print stations?
- Choose File > Print from the menu of the application or browser.
- Select “LabPrinter-BW Lexmark” for black and white or “LabPrinter-Color HPM750DN” for color.
- When prompted, enter your username (without @appstate.edu) or the nine-digit number if you are using an ASU Guest Express Card.
At the print station:
- Swipe your AppCard or prepaid print card in the reader on top of the monitor.
- Click the filename of the print job you want to release.
- Select “Print.”
How much does it cost to print?
- Black and white: $0.03 per sheet
- Color: $0.50 per sheet
- 11″ × 17″ are released at the color printer only: $2 per sheet
How do I add money to my AppCard?
You have two options:
- Add money online to your Campus Cash account using a credit/debit card ($5 minimum deposit).
- Visit the AppCard office on the 2nd floor of the Bookstore (9am-5pm weekdays) to add cash to your Campus Cash account.
To obtain a prepaid print card:
- Purchase a prepaid print card from the kiosk in the Print Zone for $1 or $5 using cash or an AppCard.
Large format printing, including research poster printing up to 36x48", is available through the Tech Desk on the lower level of the library.
Two copiers are located in the Print Zone & Tech Help area. The cost for either is $0.10 per page.
- One allows 8.5″ × 11″ and 11″ × 17″ color and black and white copies.
- One allows only 8.5″ × 11″ color and black and white copies.
Two scanners are located in the Print Zone & Tech Help area. An additional scanner is located in the Appalachian Collection on the fourth floor.
We offer a free mediated fax service (incoming and outgoing) during the hours the Print Zone & Tech Help area is staffed. (Note that the library reserves the right to refuse any job over 25 pages.)
Incoming fax number: (828) 262-7217.
Location: Located in the Print Zone & Tech Help area.
Hours: Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 11:00pm, Friday 7:30am – 5:00pm, Sunday 2:00pm – 11:00pm
Cost: Free (for 10 or fewer copies and you must supply your own paper; if you need more than 10 copies, please use Mountaineer Printing in Katherine Harper Hall)
We provide best effort and viable workarounds for all library software and hardware.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Setting up and configuring students’ personal computers and devices
- Setting up and configuring wireless printing
- Troubleshooting any hardware in the library and software on library computers (see list of software)