Appalachian State University Libraries are essential teaching and research partners inspiring and guiding all who pursue knowledge.
We are dynamic partners in the campus and online learning communities in support of the university’s mission and strategic directions. Our collections, facilities, services, technology, and instruction contribute to the educational success of students, staff, and faculty and are a vital part of the research lifecycle and other creative endeavors. Building on our values of service, innovation, diversity, equity, inclusivity, and engagement, we are dedicated to the goal of providing full and equitable access to information resources.
- Responsive and timely service to student and faculty learning and research needs
- Equitable and barrier-free access to services and resources
- Embracing and respecting diversity in all its forms
- An acknowledgement and examination of the role of systemic structures and inequities
- Effective collaborations and partnerships with campus and community
- Thoughtful and respectful listening and dialog with each other and those we serve
- Employee professional and personal development and empowerment
- Intellectual freedom and critical discourse
- Innovation and creativity
- Sustainable and flexible approaches to resources and services