College Street Parking Deck & Visitor Spaces
- Nights & weekends: After 5 PM and on weekends, the College Street parking deck adjacent to the library is free. Before 5pm on weekdays, the deck is reserved for faculty/staff with a current Library Deck permit.
- Visitor spaces: A small number of 30-minute visitor spaces are available for library visitors. As of Fall 2021, these 30-minute visitor spots have been moved from the College Street Parking Deck to the Howard Street Parking Lot behind the Student Union.
- Exemptions from 30-minute time limit: Chancellor Society Parking Permits (Annual), Vendor Permits, and Orange Visitor Vouchers are not timed in visitor parking, and neither are vehicles displaying both a disability placard and a university permit.
- Regular ($5) Parking Visitor permits are good for the entire day.
- For information about parking fees and passes, please contact Parking and Transportation Department at (828) 262-2878.
Other Nearby Parking
Off-campus patrons have a variety of options for long-term weekday parking, such as
- the Rivers Street parking deck which charges hourly and daily rates,
- purchased day passes for non-gated campus parking lots,
- free hour-long parking along nearby King Street,
- Town of Boone pay lots on Depot Street and Howard Street, and
- 1-hour metered spots on Hamby Alley in front of the College of Education building.
The Parking and Traffic Department sets all regulations regarding parking on campus. The above bulleted list summarizes our understanding of frequently asked issues about the library parking deck.